Go Back to 100kGarages.com

Advanced

Alternative to 100k

Posted by Kyle Parisi 
Alternative to 100k
October 09, 2018 10:15PM
I used this site a long time ago for a part. I still like the idea but it doesn't look like anything has changed. I put up a fake landing page at https://buildapart.io. The only thing you can do is get notified. Sign up there so I can gauge how much interest there is and I'll start making it work.
Re: Alternative to 100k
October 31, 2018 01:06PM
Hey Kyle,

I signed up and I'd like to provide my CAD design services at resonable rates, and of course locate Fabbers near me for assistance in up and coming projects.

When do you think you'll get this launched?
October 31, 2018 08:59PM
Great to hear! I'm starting to see more interest and have decided to put more time into the site. I will keep you in the loop as I make progress.

Kyle
November 18, 2018 11:39AM
Made a small amount of progress setting up a blog: [buildapart.io]. User profiles next.
December 16, 2018 04:13PM
thanks. This site leaves a lot to be desired. I signed up on your site.
December 26, 2018 09:40AM
I tried to garner interest in the Maker economy several years ago by offering free space in a house I owned in central Tampa, but gave up after Tampa Hackers screwed me over by storing stuff taking everything they wanted including proceeds from garage sale and then badmouthing me.
I rented house for a few years but now its available and deciding whether to flip or try again.

Any thoughts? check it out -Horatio House
December 27, 2018 05:13PM
Thanks for signing up, still a work in progress. I'm only available to work on it in my free time. I just got branding logos added and functionality around projects is working. The ability to view projects in the community and communicate about the projects is on my todo list.

The maker space is working well in some cities. I know of one that does a gym membership and they've been growing pretty steadily. Not sure how you can get around the issues you mentioned.
January 25, 2019 11:05PM
Signed up!
February 14, 2019 04:24PM
Thanks!
March 27, 2019 05:18PM
Kyle,
I do alot of prototype and one off machine work for people, please keep me in the loop on the sites progress i would love to offer my services.
April 13, 2019 05:39PM
Great to hear! I'm doing some minor tweaks and then I'm making a "call to arms" to get people using the site and giving feedback. Will be in touch.

Kyle
April 30, 2019 03:53PM
Kyle, the site looks great.

I would think someway to promote individuall fabricators would be good for us, like a star rating system that when they mark the job complete they can submit the fabber and rate giving each of us good exposure and build confidence with the project designers
May 05, 2019 04:54PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll take it into consideration for upcoming features!

Kyle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.