Go Back to 100kGarages.com

Advanced

success

Posted by AnW Machine Works 
success
March 30, 2019 01:43PM
How many of the fabbers on this site have had successful bids?
How many of the people on here have had a successful bid come through and were happy with the product they recieve?

Ive noticed alot of people on here dont have drawings and are very unresponsive, is the platform too hard to use or are these just bots.

Have you guys had succes with any other websites?

Ive noticed its kind of difficult to follow up on the project messages because there isn't a consolidated area of projects you posted msg's to Pleas help if im missing something
Re: success
April 01, 2019 08:01PM
I just joined a few days ago. I have had a reply from someone but don't understand this sight completely yet. There doesn't seem to be a lot of recent activity in the forum either. I need to find out how to get contact information to talk to a possible customer on a more personal level and to find out the information to make the parts. Can't say I have any success yet but I am going to try it out for a little while.
April 02, 2019 05:42PM
I try to post a question to them asking for them to e-mail me a copy of the drawing that usually opens the door, the platform is not very user friendly.
Have you had much luck with other RFQ sites
April 02, 2019 06:36PM
I haven't joined any other sites. Read a review on one I was looking at and it sounded bad so I stayed away. The only thing that has worked for me so far is knowing people. It hasn't been easy. Do you post your email address for them to email you?
April 03, 2019 08:00AM
russel,
i usually post a question including e-mail and/or send a bid with my e-mail in it requesting drawings
April 03, 2019 09:58PM
Fatal Error trying to reply to your PM. I will try again later and send an email address.
April 04, 2019 11:45AM
April 10, 2019 12:11AM
I've had responses but not too many.
I get emails letting me know I've received a response but most I've sent a question to don't respond.

And it does seem quite a few ask for something made with barely a description.
A simple napkin sketch with dimensions needs to be a requirement t keep confusion down to a minimum.
April 10, 2019 06:00PM
ive scheduled a build on a part, received a proper bid, and he is producing the part next week, if the first proto is great we will be producing them by the 100's or if lucky 1000's

sites a great idea but yes the design is something to be desired
April 13, 2019 04:54PM
I almost want to say I want to make parts by the hundreds or thousands but I am not set up for that. Maybe one day. I hope you get it. That makes for a constant income while being able to do other jobs while that runs with the right machines.
April 13, 2019 04:58PM
Caffeine Machine I have had the same thing but I haven't bid on anything in here. I asked a couple of questions about a part and got back one answer I think. Just didn't bother anymore. I'd rather talk to you guys on here and have connections with other machinists or other types of builders. Never know when I might need a hand with something.
April 13, 2019 05:50PM
I completely empathize with this thread. This is the reason I'm working on buildapart.io. It's been slow progress as I can only do it on my spare time but I'm ready for feedback. Let me know what you think.

For what it's worth I emailed the owner of this website to see if they had plans for it still. He told me that they are working with a company to make a new version. Not much more detail beyond that.
April 30, 2019 03:54PM
Are you a fabber or a customer?
November 20, 2019 12:59PM
I have asked for more information about the job and some reply and some I guess don't even bother.
I can sometimes see the part but no dimensions, type of material,

And then no reply, nice

Sometimes I ask a question and I get a notification that it didn't go through.

???

Kind of crazy
December 09, 2019 05:29PM
Daystar Machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have asked for more information about the job an
> d some reply and some I guess don't even bother.
> I can sometimes see the part but no dimensions, ty
> pe of material,
>
> And then no reply, nice
>
> Sometimes I ask a question and I get a notificatio
> n that it didn't go through.
>
> ???
>
> Kind of crazy

This has been my experience so far as well. No dimensions or tolerances, no material spec'd, ask questions and zero replies.
August 19, 2020 07:55AM
I've had a couple of responses to date. Working on a couple of quotes. Guess we'll see

Site is a bit clunky, often there is so little information as to what is wanted that I can't even begin....

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.